How to Save Money With Florida Solar Incentives.
The decision to go solar has many financial benefits, from up front discounts and zero-down solar options to tax advantages and the return on your investment. Here are a few additional federal and state tax rebates and incentives that can help you reduce solar installation costs and go solar for less!
- Federal Solar Investment Tax Credit: This federal tax credit gives you the opportunity to save 30% to eligible homeowners with the purchase of your solar system.
- Solar Energy Property Tax Exemption: Solar Panels are exempt from an increase in property taxes in Port Charlotte, FL.
- Home Solar State Sales Tax Exemption: With the installation of your solar panels, Florida homeowners will receive a 6% state sales tax exemption. This is an automatic 6% solar discount compared to neighboring states!
- Net Metering: This is the process of selling unused energy that your solar system creates back to the grid for credits from your utility company. You can use these credits to lower your monthly electric bill further.
- PACE Loans: Property Assessed Clean Energy Loans give eligible homeowners the opportunity to save on the cost of solar installations and other energy efficiency improvements.
- Florida Solar Rights Act: With the decision to install solar panels on your home, your rights are protected.