How to Cut the Cost of Your Utility Bills with Jacksonville, FL, Solar Incentives
Florida has a goal of reducing carbon emissions to net zero by 2050. One of the top ways the state is moving towards this goal is by encouraging residents to convert to clean, renewable solar energy. To further encourage homeowners to make the switch to solar, the state of Florida has approved many local incentives, tax rebates, and credits available for Duval County home owners. Here are a few of the top Jacksonville solar incentives.
- [Federal Solar Tax Credit]: The Federal Investment Tax Credit or The Clean Energy Tax Credit offers solar owners a 30% tax write-off for the cost of their residential solar system and accessories. This can add up to huge savings for solar owners.
- [Florida Net Metering Program]: Net Metering is a system that allows eligible homeowners to sell extra energy produced by their solar panels back to the grid for compensation. With all of the sunshine in Florida, this can be a great way to earn some extra money with your excess solar energy.
- [Property Tax Exemption]: A new home solar array can increase the value of your home in Florida, but thanks to this tax exemption, you shouldn’t have to pay additional property taxes! So you should be able to enjoy the increased value of your home without extra taxes.
- [Sales Tax Exemption]: When going solar in Florida, you should not have to pay any sales tax on the cost of your solar equipment and installation. This is an automatic 6% discount compared to neighboring states.
- [Zero-Down Solar]: Meraki Solar offers the unique opportunity to go solar for zero-down up front costs in Jacksonville, FL. So you can enjoy all of the benefits of solar, without paying anything out of pocket to get started!
There are many more financial incentives, rebates, and discounts available to Florida homeowners, depending on your situation. It is highly recommended that you speak with a Florida solar professional to understand all of your solar options and a tax professional to ensure all incentives can be properly applied to your situation.