Colorado Solar Incentives, Tax Credits, and Financing Options
If you live in Colorado and are considering solar power for your home or business, then you are in luck! The Centennial State has several solar incentives, tax breaks, and purchasing options for which you may qualify. In addition to the 300+ sunny days per year, here are a few incentives to make your switch to solar energy systems easier and more affordable than ever.
- Federal Solar Investment Tax Credit: The Federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC) is a 30% federal solar tax credit on the cost of your solar investment
- Solar System Property Tax Exemption: Property Tax increase may also be exempt from your residential solar panel installation.
- Home Solar System State Sales Tax Exemption: Colorado residents do not have to pay Sales Tax on their renewable energy solution!
- Net Energy Metering: Net Metering or Net Energy Metering enables solar owners to receive a credit on their electric bill for the energy their system generates
- C-PACE Loans: Property Assessed Clean Energy Loans give you more financing alternatives and could pay the total cost of your solar power investment
- Colorado Solar Rights Act: Protects your rights as a homeowner when you invest in a solar system with a Meraki