Texas Solar Tax Credits, Incentives, and Financing Options
Texas has been an industry leader in encouraging homeowners to convert to solar energy for less. These financial incentives may offset the cost of solar installation and increase your savings in the future. Some of the most common Texas renewable energy incentives are:
- Federal Solar Tax Credit: The Federal Solar Tax Credit (ITC) is a 30% tax write-off on the cost of your solar panels
- Texas Solar Property Tax Exemption: Enjoy a 100% property tax break on the increase of your home value when you install solar panels in Texas
- Texas Solar Net Metering: Texas has net metering policies in place, which allow homeowners to sell the excess solar power from their solar panels back to the solar grid
- PACE Loans: Property Assessed Clean Energy Solar Loans give you more financing options and may cover up to 100% of your energy efficiency improvements, including solar panels.
- Texas Solar Rights Act: Protects your rights as a homeowner when you invest in a solar system with a Meraki Solar