How to Cut the Cost of Your Utility Bills with Cape Coral Florida Solar Incentives
What are Florida Solar Incentives? A solar incentive is a financial incentive made to encourage homeowners to convert to solar energy and reduce the costs of doing so. These incentives come in the form of discounts, solar tax credits & exemptions, solar rebates, zero-down solar, and more! Here are a few of the top solar incentives available in Cape Coral, FL:
- [Federal Solar Tax Credit]: The Federal Tax Credit or Solar Tax Credit allows solar owners to write-off 30% of the cost of their solar investment on their yearly taxes!
- [Florida Net Metering Program]: Net Metering or Net Energy Metering (NEM) is a program that allows solar owners to sell their excess energy back to the Florida solar grid for compensation. This can be used to further reduce any monthly energy costs!
- [Property Tax Exemption]: In Florida, solar panels are exempt from property taxes. So even though your solar panel system may increase the value of your home, you won’t have to pay any additional taxes on your solar investment!
- [Sales Tax Exemption]: In Florida, solar panels are also exempt from Sales tax. This is an automatic 6% discount on solar panel installation, compared to neighboring states!
- [Zero-Down Solar]: Meraki Solar offers the unique opportunity to go solar for zero-down up front costs in Cape Coral, FL. So you can enjoy all of the benefits of solar, without paying anything out of pocket to get started!
There are many more solar incentives that you can take advantage of as a Florida homeowner. Meraki’s solar professionals can help you explore all of these incentives and maximize your solar savings! As with any important financial and tax-related decision, we recommend you always consult with a tax professional to ensure all incentives are applied properly for your situation.